Friday 29 April 2011

My Sixth Friday Flash: Chicken or Beef?

Her eyes blazed with anger. The airlines ticket agent stared back at her impassively and pointed at the sign above, which said No Trolls Allowed. "I'm sorry Ma'am, there's nothing I can do." 

"Do you know how long it took to get a suit that fitted him so he wouldn't look out of place in business class?" 

The man sighed. "I don't make the rules, besides he has a large bone through his nose." 

Terence the troll snorted. "You can't do this!" shouted Alice Samson bashing her fist against the counter. "He has every right to be on that plane!" 

 "My deepest apologies, would you still like your seat? If you have a carrier we can load up your friend in the cargo bay." 

"Outrageous!" 

As calm as ever the agent pointed at a door behind him. "If you like, you can speak to the manager. The queue is beginning to back up." 

Alice looked behind here. There were about twenty people behind them. "Fine!" Grabbing Terence's hand she pulled him around the counters and knocked rapidly on the door. There was no reply. Fuming, Alice snatched the door open and pulled Terence in. His seven and half foot bulk having to duck down and squeeze in his shoulders to fit in. 

"Hey! Who are you?" asked a thin man with black hair and a look of distain on his face. "I'm a pissed off customer that's who I am!" 

"I'll call you back," said the man putting his phone down. Breathing in deeply he smiled and inter-weaved his fingers. "Now, how may I help you young lady?" 

 Alice didn't like the man already. She hated being called young lady. "Your butthead of an agent said my troll can't join me on the flight." 

"I can assure you my agents don't have butts for heads, and I'm sorry to say he's right." The man's words were dripping with sweetness, which upset Alice even more. 

"It's not fair!" Terence could feel the tension. The veins in his neck were bulging and pulsating. He didn't like seeing Alice upset. She gripped his arm in an effort to cool him down. 

The manager quickly glanced at the troll. Seeming to sneer at his pin-stripe suit and the briefcase he held in his hand. A brief case that was dwarfed by his massive hand. 

"It's company policy, trolls in the past have damaged our seats and planes. Sometimes causing thousands in damage." 

"Not Terence!" 

"We are in the process of building planes with special reinforced seats." 

"Not good enough." The manager got out of his seat and walked towards them. I've had enough of your sass young lady. Now I will have to ask you to leave before I call security." 

 "No, you will get me on that plane or I will scream!" Alice stamped her foot. 

 A tick developed in the man's jaw. "Didn't your parents teach you any manners?" 

"My parents have nothing to do with this." 
Fed up the manager took her by the shoulder to lead her out. 

"No Terence!" Before she could do anything to stop him Terence picked up the man by throat and slammed him against the wall. Alice pulled Terence away. 

The man groaned and slumped to the floor. "Terence very sorry..." said the troll glumly. 

"Ah, it's okay, I didn't like him anyway," said Alice. "Looks like we will have to rent a car again." 

"Terence driving!" said the Troll his big brown eyes widening with excitement. 

"Do you remember the last time you drove?" 

"Terence broke the steering wheel..." His shoulders slumped. 

"One day we will buy you a tank or something," she said patting him on the back. "For now the faster we get out of here the better." 

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment